Our faculty and students are award-winning!
An award-winning Pre-K to 8th grade Catholic school, St. Joseph offers students a challenging academic education while building their love of God and commitment to improving the world. We encourage each child to become the person God calls him or her to be in a faith-filled, nurturing environment.
- Our graduates are well-prepared for high school, earning academic awards and scholarships
- Catholic values are woven into all spiritual, educational and extracurricular activities
- All-day Kindergarten, plus Extended and Holiday Care for K-8
- Average class size is 24 students, offering a personalized approach to learning
- No-cut sports begin in 5th grade and include football, volleyball, cross country, basketball and track
- A variety of activities, including Band, Book Clubs, Boy/Girl Scouts, Chess Club, Choir, Math Club, Piano, Student Council, and more
Awards & Accolades
- 2016 Nazareth Academy 8th Grade Math Contest:
- SJS earned 1st Place Team award
- SJS placed two students in top positions
- 2016 Benet Scholastic Bowl (4 Tests – Math, English/Literature, Science and History):
- SJS 8th grade teams took 1st place in Math and Science, 2nd place in History and 2nd and 3rd place overall
- SJS 7th grade team took 3rd place overall
- 2016 Montini Math Contest: With more than 420 participants representing 33 schools…
- SJS 6th grade team took 10th place
- SJS 7th grade took 9th place
- SJS 8th grade team took 2nd place (individual students awarded 5th place and 2nd place)
- 2016 Athletic Victories:
- Boys Football: JV – 5th/6th Grade Finished 2nd place in our division. Varsity – 7th/8th Grade finished the season 4-4.
- Girls Volleyball: Both the 7th & 8th Grade teams won this year’s Bronco Bash Tournament hosted by Montini High School. 7th & 8th Grade A girls also won the DPL championship tournament.
- Cross Country: 6th Grade girls and boys teams and 9 individuals repeatedly received ribbons.
St. Joseph School co-hosted a cross country meet for 26 area Catholic schools.
- St. Joseph 2015 Alumni led the Downers Grove South girls cross country team to a 4th place at the state meet this fall.
- 2015 Bishop Roger L. Kaffer Outstanding Principal Award to Principal Rita Stasi
- 2015 Nazareth Academy Scholastic Bowl: SJS placed 2nd out of 20 competing schools
- 2015 Nazareth Academy Math Contest:
– SJS earned top honors overall (1st Place)– SJS placed four students in the top 5 positions of the contest, earning 1st, 3rd,4th and 5th Places
- 2015 Montini’s Annual Math Bowl Junior High Competition:
– SJS 7th Grade Mathletes earned 3rd place out of 500 competing private and public school students– Two students earned Top 10 honors overall
2015 ICCP Math Competition for 7th and 8th Graders: With 146 participants representing 19 schools…– SJS 8th Graders had the Top 3 individuals scores and won the whole contest– SJS 7th Graders had the Top 2 individual scores
8th Graders won Gold and Silver Awards at the 2015 Illinois State Science Expo
2015-16 Athletic victories:– 2015 Undefeated Varsity Football season; won 2nd Place in Division
– 2015 8A Volleyball DPL League Champions
We also think you’ll appreciate…
- Our community spirit is unequaled – we have a warm and welcoming faculty and staff, and over 300 families
- Progressive Technology Program, including iPads for Kindergarten to 2nd Grade, laptop instruction for Grades 3 to 5, and 1:1 Take-Home Chromebooks for Middle School
- Interactive Smart boards, mimios, projectors and document cameras are in all classrooms
- Our Online Gradebook communicates grades, assignments, report cards, attendance, class schedules, school calendar, and email to/from teachers and staff – Parents can logon and check their child’s progress anytime
- Streamlined communications through “Monday Messages,” our school website and online calendar
- Spanish is taught in all grades (K-8)
- We have an Endorsed Reading Specialist on staff for Grades K-5
- A Social Worker is available by appointment for all K-8 students (and their parents, by request)
- Curriculum focus on STEM