The Extended Care program is a convenient option for families with working parents. Before-school care is available from 7:00 – 7:45 am; after-school care is available from 2:20 – 6:00 pm. The program, directed and run by St. Joseph teachers and aides, includes time for homework, play and snacks. In the morning, children attend the program in the Learning Resource Center. After school, students meet in the gym for check-in; activites follow, including snack and recess. The school provides snacks, computers, books, toys, games and art supplies.
Holiday Care is available for many school holidays. Holiday Care is available for many school holidays – a huge convenience for working parents! The cost is $45/day for 7 am – 5 pm, and $50/day for 7 am – 6 pm on selected holidays and days off school.
In the current school year, Holiday Care is available for Columbus Day, Parent-Teacher Conference Day, Veteran’s Day, the day after Thanksgiving, after Christmas (during Christmas break), Martin Luther King Jr. Day, President’s Day, Spring Break and Easter holiday days.
Registration & Fees
Registration is $30 per child enrolled in Extended Care. The hourly fee for Extended Care is $4.80 per hour for each child. A monthly invoice is mailed to each family based on hourly usage of the program.
Drop-off and Pick-up
Children enter the building at the main Franklin Street door. When picking up children, parents enter the school at the second Franklin Street door, closest to the Library. Parents ring the bell for entry, then sign out their children in the log book.
Emergency Contact Information
During school hours, please call 630-969-4306. After school hours, dial extension 2106 to reach Extended Care in the Library.
- Children are released only to their parents, guardians or others that the parents have designated in writing. Telephone requests to send a child to a particular place will not be accepted.
- For legal reasons, no child may participate in the program unless registered by a parent or legal guardian.
- Children are not permitted to bring electronic games.
- The staff is not responsible for toys or games children bring to the program.
- Children are expected to show respect for each other and the staff.
- Children may not leave the building or grounds unless accompanied by Extended Care staff.
- Parents are responsible for reminding children what days they are attending the program.
- Children must stay in uniform.